UX Design

This is a project I did in my UX Design subject at UTS. Here I have provided a design of an information booklet detailing the effects of homelessness in Australia. Through this project I was able to learn the skills and principles behind designing an information product for user communities. In this Homeless booklet, my target user community were teenagers. I had to design and interpret the provided information to suit this group and engage them with both design and text.

This task allowed me to gather all of my learning in writing and designing throughout the semester to create an information product for users. In doing so, I have produced this booklet which expresses my learning over the semester on the importance of both writing and designing to meet the usability, suitability and readability of the user. Through both writing and design elements in the product, I have allowed myself to create both an impact and unity within text and images.


                                     
(Click on image to view in Google Docs)

Throughout the designing aspect of the project, I learnt many things that allow user communities to be able to read an information product.­­­­­­­ I was able to learn how to implement Gestalt theories and other principles into design to create an information product. I also learnt about the importance of typography, colour, graphics, images and layout and how a combination of all of these creates unity. I was lastly able to acquire the knowledge to create impact in order to draw the reader’s attention. Bearing these lessons in mind I hope to use this as experience in order to work and improve my design in the future.